CourseArc, a Baltimore-based EdTech startup, is seeking an experienced and motivated web developer with strong back-end experience and devops/UNIX system administration background.
CourseArc offers a subscription-based digital content creation tool that allows anyone to efficiently create engaging, attractive, interactive online courses. The successful candidate for this position will be self-motivated and able to flourish in a semi-structured environment. Although CourseArc’s offices are located in Baltimore, Maryland, we will consider remote work candidates for this position.
- Monitor servers, install updates, and troubleshoot any performance problems
- Perform code deployments
- Perform stress tests of application, identify and fix bottlenecks
- Develop backend enhancements to CourseArc’s course authoring tool
- Complete updates to an internal Laravel application
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Expert ability to manage and troubleshoot UNIX servers
- Expert understanding of LAMP stack
- Strong experience in backend languages/skills: object-oriented PHP, SQL
- Experience integrating with other third-party services using REST APIs
- Understanding of AWS OpsWorks, EC2, and CodeDeploy
- Experience with Laravel a plus
- Experience with automated testing tools a plus
Benefits of Our Company Culture:
- Ability to work for an innovative startup with more opportunities and responsibilities than a traditional corporate environment
- You will be working with a small, close-knit team
- You will have active input regarding technical decisions
- Progressive work environment with a focus on the results of your efforts instead of your time or presence in the office
- Ideal environment for self-driven individuals
- Flexible schedule and the ability to work from home/remotely
- Occasional dog visits at our office
- Excellent benefits and a salary commensurate with experience.
- CourseArc values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send all inquiries and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Github link
- Links to any websites you’ve worked on, with a paragraph explaining your contributions